of Governmental Folk arts center
The folklore school is carried out since 1992. Generaly in scholl study
traditional culture related people: folklore groups's leaders, workers
of educational and cultural spheres, juornalists.
The folklore school consists of six five-day sessions conducted
during two years. Each day four lectures are carried out. The whole
program is 180 hours long.
Subjects of lectures and names of teachers:
- Folk music and ethnographical singing - Valdis Muktupāvels, Mārtiņš Boiko,
Sergejs Aļonkins, Andris Kapusts;
- Folk dances - Jānis Purviņš, Ernests Spīčs, Valdis Putniņš;
- Festivities and rituals - Helmī Stalte, Andris Kapusts and others;
- Folk clothes - Ilze Ziņģīte;
- Archaeology - Juris Urtāns;
- Philosophy and ethics of folk songs - Māra Mellēna, Skaidrīte Lasmane;
- History and anthropology - Raisa Denisova;
- Mythology and religions of the world - Agita Misāne.
Guest lecturers from Lithuania, Estonia, Finland and Russia participate in
Download information of Governmental Folk arts center (in Latvian)
Buy Latvian folk music online!